Sustainable DC is an important component of a larger group of plans and initiatives working together to make the District a more sustainable city.
In addition to the Sustainable DC Plan, the District has several other major planning initiatives and projects that complement our work.
- Age-Friendly Strategic Plan: A coordinated, comprehensive, and collective-action effort whose goal is to ensure that all DC residents are active, connected, healthy, engaged and happy in their environment.
- New Community Living Strategic Plan: A comprehensive framework for the DC Office on Aging to address various issues impacting the city’s seniors, persons living with disabilities and caregivers.
- District of Columbia State Plan on Alzheimer’s Disease 2014-2019: A plan designed to focus all of the city’s available resources on a set of measurable goals intended to improve the lives of those living with Alzheimer’s disease and reduce the burden on caregivers
- District of Columbia State Plan on Aging 2013-2015: The blueprint for services to be provided by the DC Office on Aging.
Climate & the Environment
- Anacostia 2032 Plan: The District’s plan to make the Anacostia River swimmable and fishable by 2032.
- Climate Action Plan: The District’s plan to reduce the carbon footprint of the District government and the community as a whole.
- DC Clean Rivers Project: The District’s long-term control plan for controlling combined sewer overflows.
- DDOT Climate Change Adaptation Plan: The District’s plan to adapt its transit system to a changing climate.
- Wildlife Action Plan: Census of wildlife found in the District, including those species in greatest need of conservation.
- A Capital Commitment: District of Columbia Public Schools’ 2017 Strategic Plan: DCPS’s five year strategic plan to build a high-quality, vibrant school district.
- Public Education Master Facilities Plan: A long-range strategy that describes how the District can allocate, use and improve school buildings to support high-quality teaching and learning.
- Environmental Literacy Plan: The District’s plan to expand environmental education and awareness in DC public and charter schools.
- Raise DC: Raise DC is a public-private partnership that seeks to align citywide efforts around shared outcomes so that District youth can achieve success from cradle to career.
Equity & Diversity
- 2012 Language Access Report: An analysis of the compliance levels of 32 government agencies designated as having “major public contact,” and therefore bound to additional obligations under the Language Access Act.
- District-wide Bullying Prevention Policy: A guide for creating and implementing bullying prevention policies.
- Agency Performance Plans: A comprehensive list of agency plans that report on metrics and initiatives designed to monitor and improve agency performance.
- Indices: A statistical index of District government services.
- Independent Agency Annual Reports: Annual reports are prepared by several boards, commissions, and independent agencies to highlight goals and objectives, accomplishments, and overall performance.
Health & Wellness
- Community Health Needs Assessment: A comprehensive analysis and review of the health and quality of life of DC residents.
- Healthy By Design: A citywide initiative aimed at developing a healthier, more livable, more walkable city.
- Bridges to Opportunity: A New Housing Strategy for D.C.: A plan to create and retain more affordable housing throughout the city.
Jobs & the Economy
- Five-Year Economic Development Strategy: A strategic roadmap to transform the District by creating 100,000 new jobs and generate $1 billion in new tax revenue to support city services over the next five years.
Parks & Recreation
- Play DC: The vision framework for the Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
- 2006 Comprehensive Plan: The overarching general policy document that provides overall guidance for future planning and development of the city.
- SW Neighborhood Plan: A neighborhood plan for the SW quadrant.
- 2016 DC Historic Preservation Plan: A vision for the city’s historic environment, partnership opportunities, and goals and targets for action.
- moveDC: A plan to develop a bold and implementation-focused vision for the District’s transportation future. MoveDC will incorporate and/or replace stand alone “modal” master plans including:
- Bicycle Master Plan: 2005 plan for improving bicycling in the District
- Pedestrian Master Plan: 2009 plan for improving pedestrian conditions in the District
- DC Transit Future Plan: 2010 plan for constructing a 37-mile streetcar system
- Transportation Sustainability Plan: A plan to incorporate sustainability into the District’s transportation planning and policy-making.
- Vision Zero: A plan to eliminate fatalities and serious injuries from transportation by 2024, through more effective use of data, education, enforcement and engineering.
- Public Realm Design Manual: A comprehensive overview of the policies, standards, and regulations that shapes the District’s public space in a way that is pedestrian friendly and environmentally responsible.